Monday, August 2, 2010

Introductions..

So...this is my blog! Welcome! I'm Denise and I'm engaged and this is to document my DIY wedding! I got some inspiration from others and I'm all about giving back :) This past weekend my friend Mo had her bridal shower...me and my sister made the cake :) Which is the cake that you see here. I made the flowers :) The fondant ones and my sister frosted it and piped the borders and did the royal icing flowers on the bottom tier and the royal icing roses in the middles.I baked the cake and did the fillings and the creation of the other items like the whipped cream for frosting :)
This was the main DIY focus of the week. However I did manage to get some work in on my engagement party invitations on Sunday!
The stamps aren't a definite but the embossed blue strip and green ribbon are set. I punched the border on all 76 cards, trimmed the 76 inserts, and cut and embossed the strips and added the green ribbon. I also used Cricut Expressions to cut out hibiscus flowers. I cut them at 1.5" and got 49 flowers per 12x12 sheet of paper. Tonight I'll be finishing up with the ribbon and trimming the rough edges from the flowers I cut before I changed the pressure. And doing the Thank You tags for the favors. :)

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My cake looks so prettyyy! Ur so efficient getting all of this stuff done! i need some of that organization in my life, I'm all over the place!

-Monique

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home